4/17/12

It's late and I have to get up early tomorrow.
But what else should you do when you are in hospital and have to keep dead silent?
Well, in my case, try to revive my old blog!

So it's been a while since I have graduated, did a stint of Navy officer training but my health took a tailspin
so I now work and live in Sydney for the time being.
Stone's throw from the infamous King's Cross!
Navy training was.. chatacter building, and strangely, I missed it when I had to leave.
Not mad enough to want to do intensive training again though!
Ah those physical trainers. Even looking at one now makes my muscles all sore and spagetti like.
Muscles I never even knew I had.

Life is great, but the boy is in Perth so we are making the long distance thing work.
Frankly, it's so much expense and effort; Perth is a 5 hour flight away, but he's so adorable I can't help myself.
Hahah. Not going to get too 'teenage dream' now, but I am happy.

I am at the stage of my career where everything is still new and fresh, so I love being a dentist.
My colleagues are very knowledgable too so my job is a breeze.
Of course, there are still days when nothing goes right, but thankfully, those are few and far between.
But now that I am no longer a student, life is hitting me like a ton of bricks!
Bills, home deposit, insurance, fees, bills, bills, BILLS
And building my nest egg! Desperately want to build my portfolio,
but unless you count my new bags, shoes and clothes, (I will show you, promise. Sydney shopping is mad fab)
I'm afraid there's not much there.
Ah self control. My Achilles heel.
So many pretty things in the world, so much need to possess it all.
Seems the older I get, the bigger and more expensive the toys I crave. But I still want the little pieces of junk too.
I am my Mother's daughter.
Can a leopard change it's spots?

Well if I am planning to retire by 45, I guess I will have to start.
Though talking about it is reminding of those fabulous leopard print Louboutins on sale at David Jones.
Dammit.

Ah the internal struggle. As an aside though, was chatting with the BFF about that feeling I get when I shop.
The store lights get really bright, my senses become hyperaware, and I get the spine tingly thrill and I HAVE IT!
So I hand over my nice shiny AMEX ( notorious for throwing higher credit limits at you to test your already tenous grasp on reality)
And boom! Gratification.

Then I go home and the guilt hits.
The ugly side of consumerism huh? That and the pride to not spend Dad's money anymore.
But this time I will succeed!!
Instead of collecting my pretties,
I will collect DOLLARS.

Affirmative!

No comments: