4/26/12

Attended a baking class on Monday with a work mate.
It was the HomeBaker course at Brasserie Breads, in Botany.
It was so much fun! Coming from work, I was feeling tired and grumpy, but honestly, I had a great time.
Learnt to make bread from scratch, without using machines (except an oven obviously).
I feel so domestic now :D
I am not usually much of a baker, but Matt who took the course was absolutely lovely
and I didn't feel lost at all.
And its so easy! Cant wait to have a dinner party soon so I can try my hand at making some dinner rolls.

Brasserie Breads

All you need: good flour, yeast, salt, water and olive oil. 

Ended the night with a tasting session, and wine!

Tastings. The best garlic bread I have ever had, and some pretty yummy brioche. 

My tray! Yes. I actually made these!
We made these breads, as well as two types of schiaccia con l'uva.


I can't wait to return and do another course, I have my eye on the sourdough class.
I really can't recommend it enough, I learnt so many handy tips and nifty tricks.
The only downside, is that I have been eating bread since Monday because we made so much of it!

Today is Anzac Day. We did the march in Sydney.
Had a nice time, but boy, am I tired!
Unfortunately I'm suffering from another bout of insomnia, this seems to be happening more frequently lately.
Ended up on ASOS, that place is a godsend for late night entertainment.


ANZAC. Lest we forget.

Going back to ASOS now, I need to find the perfect pair of coloured cropped pants. 
Night!



No comments: