3/22/09

high tea and pyjamas

went to the 'High tea on High st' fashion collective at Malvern Town Hall saturday morn.
my final event for Mlebourne fashion week, in a place close to my heart
(opposite Giorgios actually)
the organisers really went with the theme!
little cupcakes, itty bitty crustless cucumber sandwiches, skinny cow icecreams
i had a great time watching the show, especially with couture collections
other brands put on great showcases too (pink zebra, dizingdorf etc etc) but my heart was stolen by the drama of the gowns.






gorgeous innit?

and guess who i saw?
yes, Mr Clark Kent-esque from the GPO shows!
lol



hello! :D


the other drama of the day at High on High
some rude lady stole my goody bag from my seat RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE
then when i gave her the patented phoon death stare, she IGNORED me
see, this is why china mainlanders have a bad rep.
it was a good gb too, with kikki k stationery
not that i really wanted the stationery, though kikki k's new collection is v pretty indeed
I WANTED THE CHOCOLATES DAMMIT.

my hormone levels are ruled by dark chai chocolate truffles
sigh
i crave.
went home soo disgruntled. bought cadbury on the way home
but you know, milk choc just doesnt have the same kick.



the photoshoot today for Sleep Couture went like a dream
i m glad everyone had a good time and the photos turned out great
i cant post too many photos because i signed the release form, and hen might kill me
but here's a quick sneak peek to whet your appetite.
(cause clare i know you want to see them!)
:D

just some candids taken with my camera
the best is yet to come, during our launch!





<3


as a big aside, lucky we didnt go the QBH for XXL last night
some fight there was
30 gang members and bouncers in a fist-for-all?
no thank you
QBH, please dont become the next Salt
i was very fond of you both.

no more murdered bodies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

I read your post about XXL.

I'm Prilly Kurniawan, a manager of the clubs under 4frontevents that runs XXL. I hope you and your friends are ok. Thanks for your support. Everything will be fine, I think the blame can mostly be directed to the people who resort to violence and ruin it for everyone else.

We still are operating, so keep in touch, Thank you for your support and Hope to see you at our event/s again.

Prilly.
p.s. how do you know Henrietta? I did a pyjama photo shoot once with her and Vanessa Quake =)

T said...

OMGGGGGG PHOTO SHOOOTTT BABE so pretty ;D

aphoony said...

hey prilly!

i hope all is going well with XXL, its a great night and i always have fun there! the night will still be going on from now on wont it? its so irresponsible for the people starting that huge fight to ruin so many people's nights. we were going to go XXL that night, but because the shoot was on sunday i decided to sleep early.

i realise that i have seen photos of you before when i was looking through hen's computer! hen's younger sister is my very close friend, i ve known hen for years

its so awesome to hear from you, lets catch up or something at an event!

see you soon!