12/6/08

bvlgari

i attended the Bvlgari event yesterday at their new Collins St store
i had been looking forward to this for ages, and it didnt disappoint!

the occasion was the unveiling of their High street collection, pieces of which were designed in-house, overseen by Paolo Bugari himself, and strictly one-off.
prices started at 40,000 pounds (AU$ 90,000+), and they were travelling around the world for a short time.

OMG the pieces were so delectable. and.. shiny. like aluminium foil. the sparkly side. but not really, cause aluminum foil wouldnt cost the same price as a car.

the highlights of my day were:
1. being shown around by Ms Langdown, asia pacific ER director herself, who was wearing the same pair of Stella McCartney heels i have (hehe i love having my taste in shoes validated)

2. entering the VIP room at the back and marvelling at emeralds and rubies the size of my finger. and i have big hands.

3. laying my hands on a real Oscar trophy (heavy little bugger!) which Eva Orner brought all the way from Langham hotel

4. Stuffing my face with hors d'oeuvres from the neighburing Grand Hyatt. when i say stuffing though, its kinda relative, cause nobody actually eats at event like this. but i missed lunch and prosciutto-melon balls are my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE.


i dressed in a Trent Nathan tuxedo shirt, black pencil skirt from Myer, tied a black ribbon around my neck, Chanel accessories and Ferragamo shoes which i bought a year ago, but finally wore them for the first time.

they gave me the worst blisters.

as an aside, there really isnt much point me buying current season stuff, cause by the time i actually get round to wearing them, they are last season's stock.
sigh.



i wish i had my camera to take more photos, but Bulgari should be sending some over soon, which i will upload! this necklace isnt from the High collection, but it caught my eye immediately as it looks like something out of Aladdin's cave.

obviously the economy in Australia cant be doing as badly as i thought.
there were lines to get into Gucci, Chanel and LV. !!!
i saw my two tone Chanel tights with lace, but now all my tights-love is being bestowed upon the Alannah Hill pair (<3) so wasnt naughty and didnt buy anything.
oh except Ralph Lauren was having a sale and i decided my bear need a new shirt


isnt it adorable. :)
though my dad was in slight denial when i showed it to him

had dinner with wyn and co. at Happy Cook after
BEST DUCK IN MELBOURNE

then spent all night looking up cosplay pictures






maybe i ll have a cosplay party
i ll go as L if he was a female girl who loved pink and didnt slouch.
OH THE TRAVESTY.

BANKAI!!

HAHA

3 comments:

lee said...

ok friend here needs a tattoo. LIKE I NEED ONE.

aphoony said...

what do you have in mind?

lets do it dear!
this january 2009.

12 years of friendship!
(dont argue, we re counting next yr as well)

lee said...

this jan it is!

okay whatever you say phoon my math is just as bad as yours so i can't be bothered to count meself :) i'm just gonn take it that we've been friends longer than my little cousin has existed!