10/30/09

ramen epiphany

just bit into an apple and when i took it out it was bloody

okay random but ick.
dunno why but i ve been having nosebleeds daily for the past few weeks
and its driving me crazy

you would think that with so much blood loss i would at least lose some weight yes?
but noooooo

instead i have to change bed sheets like crazy while stupid body makes more stupid blood
swear my nose is getting flattened from me constantly holding a tissue against it


it just occured me tonight when i was making shin ramen for supper
(was told about it ages ago by an aunt but it just clicked)

that not only has the date of when i can access my trust fund been pushed back to when i am 45 instead of 30

-i would be offended that my parents obviously dont trust me but it IS their money
(you know how on american tv they come in it when they are 21, LIES!
okay so L has already come into it, but she s exception okay)-

that there are conditions including

a) acceptable marriage with approved partner
b) finishing my university degree

HELLO?

OMG
I HAVE TO STUDY
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

dies.


funny story though
this guy for whom mum set up an xiang qin arranged engagement with me
is apparently a closet drug addict who recently was busted

!!! haha

but she remains undeterred
she s said that when i have my coming of age at the club she s going to
' get all the boy boys to come'
thankfully, she hasnt mentioned it since
her type of boy boys that she s introducing to me are all so BORING.
except for drug addict, but even i have to agree he was probably unsuitable
he still takes allowance
and he s been working at a uber high paying job for 4 years!

i just want to stay in melbourne and lead my simple student life
with my normal feet-on-ground friends
(not that you sg people dont have your feet on the ground, but when we get together it somehow becomes okay to consider $1000 stockings. its not, they will RIP and shred then my $$ will go down the drainnnnn)
dont think i can get used to singapore society anymore
too stifling, dynamic is too different
and even dad notices that when i m back my worst traits come to fore
(which is saying a lot since he s super blur)

oh except for the fact that i like hawker centre food (so sue me), Changi airport, easily accessible Balenciaga and cheap taxi rides


wow its amazing the insights a cup of instant noodles can give



dunno why i m feeling so broke lately
my allowance should be sufficient shouldnt it?
if i budget properly i get about $50 a day
so i cant spend extravagantly
but i dont usually anyway
and $50 should be enough for lunch and petrol etc

but i just looked into my wallet
and despite having an advance of $100 this morning
i only have $25 left
not even enough for train fare!
omg. and i didnt even BUY anything
no seriously.

plus i have zero savings
but i have an excuse for that, my dad told me
i dont have to save $ cause he s got me covered
its sufficient that i dont keep running out and forwarding more

what a contrast to when i was younger, when he was encouraging savings and budgeting etc

okay i feel bad, obviously my dad has had to lower expectations
hahaha

i need to figure out where all my money goes, and i want to finish the shin ramen
(only meant to eat half cause its late and i must diet)
woo hoo, nvm,
since magic noodles can solve issues, i m going to finish it off


oh yes as promised, my new Loubs
love them muchly,
but a bit confused as to what to wear it with
tried it on with jeans and it didnt go

have a feeling its going to end up in my look-at pile.
crap.



but i have 21st coming up, by hook or by crook i m going to wear it at least once.
I HAVE TO. if not i m feel unjustified and guilty. and i eat when i m emotional. not good.




sorry lee i know you like Lindsay, but she s totally butchering Ungaro. the collection fail

Cho cheng s/s 10.
<3!

bri, when are we going to ny? i wanna get cho cheng super structured tops. and just the other day i woke up craving Magnolia vanilla cupcakes.
wow my evil tummy just gave a vicous craving squabble

oh man
i think i just figured out where my allowance went
rightttt, the louboutins
-EVERYONE BUY MAGIC RAMEN, I M NOT KIDDING!-

damn all shoes, why couldnt i be addicted to collecting say,
pebbles or something
pebbles are free. and pretty.

k i m going to budget old school style
a dollar a day into my Sakuragi piggy bank

oh crap but i just remembered i really really want that new Dior necklace
reallyyyyy want it

6 comments:

lee said...

how come you know people who have come into their trust fund already? i thought you could only do so at 21, or is the age of majority 18 in aus? haha.

ya i know the ungaro collection was a total mess, but to tell you the truth i dont think lindsay had much hand in it, she was just sort of muse/"adviser" but i dont think she can sit still for half an hour to have come up with that monstrousity masquerading as a collection

kingplop said...

heyy phoon, if you bought the pair of shoes, and you're talking balenciaga, doesn't that make you part of the sg people in post? hence a contradiction? anyways, i sent you something!

Anonymous said...

lee: eh how old do you think we are? we re all olddd people, turning 21 at the least. aii :(

bri: hahah so mean! no no i can claim at least its for my job (ungaro) and birthday (shoes). plus sg people ( k i m generalising here) use it as status symbol, i m more simple, just like the fluffy bit on the shoe! lol

k i hate exams. HATTTEEEE. so envious of lee with her high flying job and bri with her 4 mth extension.
i have STRESS BREAKOUT. massive lumpy pimple i cant pop cause PAINNNN

kingplop said...

you have a trust fund? since when? so how old till you actually have control over it?

btw, does that mean the shoes ate the 200 bucks? not to be annoying, but i'm living on loans at the moment.

oh what's ungaro?

lee said...

there is no such thing as 'lee with her high flying job'. not in my reality at least, which dimension are you living in phoon. i bet that dimension has unicorns as well. there is no fanciful job and nothing to be envious about :(

am i misinterpreting bri or did the shoes cost 200bucks, because i'd priced them a bit higher lol. ok i think im misinterpreting bri, that 200 bucks must be money you owe her you serial borrower you hahahaha. you know if the money really went into those shoes, under the law of equitable tracing, bri gets a share of those shoes. through a constructive trust.

OMG WHAT AM I SAYING IM GOING INSANE. I HATE LAW. ITS RUINING MY LIFE.

phoon ah lets not get louboutins anymore, the moment china gets a whiff of something, its time for us to move on. they call it hong di xie and the very thought that im sharing a shoe brand with those nouveau riche cheenapongs kill me.

seriously. ITS THE ERA OF NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD. trust me you wont regret it.

aphoony said...

lee, you know how impossible it is to get kirkwood here. and i m a cheapo, i hate paying for international postage.

i m going to become more of a ysl footwear fan, once exams are over at least.

admittedly, in my current situation, any job that allows you to wear heels and pays well is a high flying job. yeah i owe bri bri the 200 bucks, but cant get hold of her, she s not picking up her phone! cant transfer her $$ either cant i cant figure out internet banking, seriously whats with all the security questions. and i wish loubs only cost 200. i wish.

lee, be my lawyer. dont actually need one now, but i m sure i ll come up with something.

bri, if you re reading this, PICK UP YOUR PHONEEEEEE. and dw, i bought the shoes ages ago

i thought i told you, my aunt let slip to me 2 years ago that my parents made one when i was born and have been putting assets in ever since. now i think i only get it when i m old. ask lee, she ll probably know more.

not exactly cognizant with exact details but it used to be that when i was a kid, trustee can take out portion to take care of me, at 21 i get a portion and the rest at 30.

now its something like, i get the full fund value amount when i m 45, unless the will is executed prior.

and i think there are new conditions, i.e suitable marriage and finishing uni.



mum was threatening to add it no more tattos, but i hope she was kidding.