11/20/08

the big 20

in the interest of procrastination, i wrote a list of things to do by the time i am 20.

the big 20. GASP. its so surreal. two decades.
:(
i still remember when i thought 18 was old.
i complained to C before that i cant quite keep track of my age, after all it changes every year
but i guess because this is the BIG TWENTY it has stuck in my head.
oh woe.

anyway i have 19 days to complete this list.
!!!!

1. stop flipping the finger at people, which is a bad habit i cant quite kick from my younger days

2. please please please god let me learn how to hold my drink. randall quite helpfully pointed out yesterday that i am 'actually quite alright, as long as (i) dont start and have a drink, cause then its allllllllll the way'. which is quite true, but now i want to learn how to have a few drinks and STOP before i m finding another middle aged security guard rather dashing.
oh woe.

i blame my Mad Monks days for this 'all ye can drink, me hearties!' attitude

3. do something for my parents before dad goes back to singapore. a dinner? a party? a haircut?

4. learn to be the perfect hostess and stop getting pedantic when someone doesnt RSVP. and cut down party to-do lists to one a4 sheet maximum.
ARRGH BLOOD BOIL....... simmerrr......... chilllllll

5. Consider, note i said consider!, getting a fixed D or savings account. with some savings. when i say some, i mean more that 50 bucks. which wont even buy me a decent umbrella when a rainy day comes.

6. a make-over! girls, i need your help for this. lots of heavy metal and no more dresses. i m sick of dresses! I WANT THE PANTS.





images from jakandjil

7. get excited about finishing school AGAINNNNN even though i already graduated from gloria starr and can recite the 6 Ps of personal marketing in my sleep while dreaming about meeting Song Seung Heon in the middle of the outback with a broken down Lamborgini (see below), and be grateful that at least my parents care enough about my personal state to send me, WITHOUT being bitter that it will cut into my Gold coast holiday.



8. Care more about my eyebrows. even though the right side is not symmetrical to the left, i cant just give up on them and let them become unruly. i have to TAME and CONQUER all ye wild hairs

9. clean my room and cull my wardrobe. stop buying hideous clothes just because they are on sale!

10. maintain a sense of mystery about my person even though i was born talkative and have a public blog. PHOON, BE AN ENIGMA. be the engima! you gotta want it phoon!

okay this list has degenerated into silliness. lol

james just rang to inform me that tomorrow's microbiology paper has a whole section on virology, which prior to this i had decided not to study cause i thought it was unimportant.

WAILS

okay gotta go.
CRAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM like a fat kid with all you can eat cheesy fries
ummmmmm
cheesy fries :D

2 comments:

Lady Melbourne said...

19 days hey?no pressure!
I'm almost at the end of that decade and I still haven't figured out half of that stuff so don't sweat it, it's what makes your 20's so much fun!
LM
x

lee said...

phoon i'm going to reach the big 2-0 six days before you do... and i honestly forgot all about it up until i read this entry.
so,
THANKS FOR REMINDER OF MY MORTALITY.

anyway love the direction you're taking. i definitely agree. my favourite piece of clothing is my leather jacket now. but i think your vision is more hardcore than mine because i always like a bit of fluff!

so anyway saw this pair of louboutins and... well. the inevitable.

sigh.