2/18/10

bday

just downloaded the VSO image software to help me resize my photos
and spent the past 3 hours uploading them onto facebook

well it wouldnt actually have taken that long, but my wireless was problematic for a bit
(solution was simple, i moved my laptop 50 cm to the left on my desk)
voila!

problem solved, hheheh

anyway, since i now have the bandwidth to upload my photos, i decided to post about my 21st birthday celebrations

you know, especially seeing as how its my last birthday and all
from now on, i m never turning 22. i stay 21. FOR LIFE.

Clare and Lee arranged dinner at Gunthers on Purivs Road

theres a good reason why i should blog about events as they happen and not so long after-
i forget. really easily, real quick. but! i remember it was good, no big misses
and i remember being realllly full.

I had the degustation


Grilled bamboo clam, Provençale style
tomato thingy
Egg fondant, grilled seasonal mushrooms, spanish ham
Grilled lamb rack, natural jus
some souffle

http://www.gunthers.com.sg/menu.html

the highlight: cold angel hair pasta with oscietra caviar. THIS DISH IS THE BOMB.

signature dessert, the apple tart or 'Fine apple tart “à la dragées”, Havana rum & raisin ice-cream'

yes, here i am fervently wishing over some kickass birthday tiramisu

not sure why, but this photo isnt rotating!!!

i miss sg already, looking at these pictures definitely arent helping!
i ve decided- last dish before i kick the bucket- Gunther's cold angel hair pasta. it is THAT GOOD.



Nai and i went to Johor Bahru in Malaysia on my birthday itself


doing what we love best, eating and shopping. all my favourite hawker dishes- sambal kangkong, stingray, clams, hor fun and the sweet milky iced tea. ummm.



haha, okay obviously someone was hungry and wanted me to finish taking photos

had another birthday dinner the night after, at Oriole in Pan Pacific on Somerset
chose the place after reading some good reviews on the internet

my beef cheek tagliatelle was pretty good, light on the red wine sauce and beef was tender
and the bottle of wine we got sweet and not too astringent

unfortunately the fish and chips, and the bread and butter pudding missed the mark.



haha was amused but how retarded i look ordering for everyone



went to marina bay barrage after to hang out
sea breeze was nice and cool

was super relaxing

i cant quite believe i am 21
this blog post has really helped it sink in

I AM IN MY TWENTIES!

!!!!!!!

No comments: